Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

MOVIN' ON

MOVIN' ON

We moved from Utah to Florida this past June. It's been a ton of work but so worth it! We moved because my middle daughter was pregnant with twins...and...my oldest daughter was expecting. She and her family live in NC. The twins were born August 6 and the NC baby was born August 13. We are so very blessed to have three beautiful, healthy boys to our family.

Now that things are settling down I'm back to business. So what to do in the hot, humid summer day in Florida...ice dye of course! I've seen it done on silk scarves, which makes beautiful patterns that make the eye dance. So I thought why not try it on wool top. Her is a little video I made dyeing wool top with ice.

A close up of my ice dyed yarn



You can dye fiber a multitude of ways...just have fun and go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is SO PRETTY! I was thinking about trying something called snow dying, using instructions I found in a quilting magazine, but was unsure how it would work on the wool. This is totally exciting! I like the sorting table idea. I don't have that but maybe I can make something similar this spring! Thanks very much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete